trouble with Jmol

I’m a new Jalview user. The program worked in its entirety at first, but Jmol has ceased working. A red line of text in the Jmol window reads:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C\Program Files\DOCUME~1serLOCALS~1Tempjalview_pdb64970.txt (The system cannotb find the file specified)

I’ve tried removing the program, reinstalling a newly downloaded copy, but I receive the same message. I am not a programmer, so my ability to fix this problem is pretty limited. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Hello Steven, sorry to hear you are having problems.

···

On 03/06/2011 07:54, Steven Adamson wrote:

I’m a new Jalview user. The program worked in its entirety at first, but Jmol has ceased working. A red line of text in the Jmol window reads:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C\Program Files\DOCUME~1serLOCALS~1Tempjalview_pdb64970.txt (The system cannotb find the file specified)

To work out what’s wrong, I need a little more information. When do you observe this message ? Is it when the program first loads, and opens it’s example alignment - or when you load in your own jalview project ?

Also, could you let me know what machine and java version you have, and send me any output on the Jalview console when this error occurs ? To do this, first make sure that the Jalview Java console is enabled in the ‘Tools’ menu of the Jalview desktop window. Then - close and restart Jalview, and once the error has occured in Jmol’s window, copy and paste the contents of the text window into a file and send it to me as an attachment.

I’m currently on holiday - but if you send me the console log, then I’ll try and take a quick look to see if there’s a simple workaround for your problem.

Jim.