Subject: Jalview doesnt install on Mac. I looked through the FAQ and followed these hints. Still doesn't help Trying to install Jalview on OS 10.9.1

Subject: Jalview doesnt install on Mac. I looked through the FAQ and followed these hints. Still doesn’t help

Trying to install Jalview on OS 10.9.1

-I get the error message saying that the file is damaged…

This is one of the more misleading errors generatev by the Mavericks ‘Gatekeeper’. It is telling you that the Jalview installer you just downloaded is different from a Jalview installer that you ran before.

To fix it, you need to temporarily select the “anywhere” option in the ‘Allow apps downloaded from’ setting in your preferences panel. Once you’ve run the installer, you can change the setting back to your normal default.

If, after changing the setting back, Jalview doesn’t launch (with or without a warning about an unidentified developer), then you should immediately go back to the security preferences. You should see a button marked ‘Allow Jalview.app to run anyway’ which you can hit to allow Jalview to execute.

Full instructions on this are at the bottom of the faq entry:
http://www.jalview.org/Jalviews-Installer-wont-run-on-my-Mac

This particular issue (the file is damaged message) is peculiar to the InstallAnywhere version of Jalview. We’re hoping to fix them in a month or two…

Jim.

···

Hello Gustav.

On 27/02/2014 13:01, Gustav Ahlberg wrote: