Status of JAL-2788

Hi Jim, Mungo,

What is the status of JAL-2788, the vertical scrolling bug on Macs? Vertical scrolling works when clicking and dragging vertical scroll bar, but does not work when using Page Up and Page Down keys, or when using scroll wheel on mouse or two-fingers on Trackpad.

Thanks,
Mark

···

Mark A. Saper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry, U-M Medical School
Room 3220B, MSRB III saper@umich.edu +1 (734) 764-3353

Hi Mark

JAL-2788 is fixed in 2.10.3 but this is about vertical scrolling with the overview window – I think maybe you mean JAL-2851 (“Alignment doesn’t appear to scroll with Trackpad and scrollwheel”) which was fixed in 2.10.3b1.

I think that this should be the latest release available on the Jalview download page. However, I’ve just double-checked that release on my Mac and the fix is not there. For now, I suggest instead to use the links on the development builds page at http://www.jalview.org/development/development-builds The first row of the list there contains ‘The latest official build’, and the webstart version (which I’ve just checked) certainly has the bugfix for the vertical scrolling.

Best regards

Kira

···

From: jalview-discuss-bounces@jalview.org on behalf of Mark Saper saper@umich.edu
Date: Thursday, 11 January 2018 at 19:35
To:jalview-discuss@jalview.orgjalview-discuss@jalview.org
Subject: [Jalview-discuss] Status of JAL-2788

Hi Jim, Mungo,

What is the status of JAL-2788, the vertical scrolling bug on Macs? Vertical scrolling works when clicking and dragging vertical scroll bar, but does not work when using Page Up and Page Down keys, or when using scroll wheel on mouse or two-fingers on Trackpad.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark A. Saper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry, U-M Medical School
Room 3220B, MSRB III saper@umich.edu +1 (734) 764-3353