On 9.15am - 5.00pm Friday 14th October
At Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, Room CV309b, Coville Building, 16 Richmond Street, Glasgow G1 1XQ
This one day computer based hands-on training course is designed for life sciences graduate students and researcher scientists who works with proteins, RNA and DNA sequence data. The course will involve presentations, hands-on exercises and demonstrations. Plus, there are opportunities during the day to discuss your own analysis problems with the Jalview developers. Participants are given a Jalview training manual.
The course is suitable for both Jalview novices and experienced users who would like to learn more about Jalview’s capabilities.
Tea, coffee and lunch provided.
Course Aims: to provide training in how to use Jalview multiple sequence alignment visualisation program to visualise proteins, RNA and DNA data.
- Introducing Jalview and its capabilities
- Launching Jalview from a web browser
- Loading, editing and saving sequences and alignments
- Selecting and creating groups
- Colouring sequences and figure generation
- Undertaking multiple sequence alignment
- Viewing annotation and features
- PCA and tree analysis
- Working with 3D structures
- Protein prediction analysis
- Working with RNA sequences and integrating cDNA and protein analysis
Numbers are limited and will be allocated on a first come-first serve basis.