problem keeping text black when change box color

Hi. I use the "feature" option to color my sequences.
I need the text to remain black, but cannot figure out how to do that. I am attaching a copy of my figure where I like the colors of the boxes, but do not like the colors of the text.
How do I keep the text black? I hope this is simple, but I cannot figure it out. :frowning:
Thanks for your help.

sv40_jc_obd_colored2_lineup_08_22_13_low_resolution.jpg

Hi Gretchen.

Hi. I use the "feature" option to color my sequences.
I need the text to remain black, but cannot figure out how to do that. I am attaching a copy of my figure where I like the colors of the boxes, but do not like the colors of the text.
How do I keep the text black? I hope this is simple, but I cannot figure it out. :frowning:

Unfortunately, black text over features isn't possible currently, due to a technical issue in the way Jalview renders features. I'm hoping we'll be able to fix it in early 2014. All I can suggest is that if you need to create a diagram, you export the alignment figure using EPS, and change the text colour in Inkscape or Illustrator.

Really sorry about that. If you'd like to get emailed when someone starts to work on a fix for this, then sign up and hit the 'Watch' button at this web page:
http://issues.jalview.org/browse/JAL-260

Jim.
ps. You'll see that this feature request has been around for several years - this reflects the fact that we've mostly conserved the core alignment display model, but added additional capabilities to calculate and integrate information within the model. With Jalview 3 we hope to to (radically) change the model, and so allow more sophisticated feature rendering styles.

···

On 06/11/2013 19:14, Meinke, Gretchen wrote: