Problem in DAS registry

Dear all,

I am running Jalview 2.9.0b2 on MacOS Sierra(Version 10.12) and the DAS service is unavailable with the default setting.

There is no available sources in the DAS Settings dialog box. Also there is very limited sources in Sequence Fetcher and Fetch DB reference. Java console shows information "WARN - GET request for “http://www.ebi.ac.uk/das-srv/registry/das//sources” resulted in 500 (Internal Server Error); invoking error handler”.

Anyone could tell me how to solve the problem or offer some information about alternative DAS server?
Thanks very much!

Best regards,
Chengji Piao

Hello Chengji,

Unfortunately the EBI’s static mirror copy of the original Sanger-hosted DAS registry is no longer available. To the best of our knowledge there is no alternative site that now provides this. If this changes we will let Jalview users know!

Sorry for any inconvenience (but it is out of our control…).

Thanks,

Mungo

···

Mungo Carstairs
Jalview Computational Scientist
The Barton Group
Division of Computational Biology
School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK.
www.jalview.org
www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk

From: jalview-discuss-bounces@jalview.org jalview-discuss-bounces@jalview.org on behalf of Chengji Piao piaocj@zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sent: 30 September 2016 19:56:09
To: jalview-discuss@jalview.org
Subject: [Jalview-discuss] Problem in DAS registry

Dear all,

I am running Jalview 2.9.0b2 on MacOS Sierra(Version 10.12) and the DAS service is unavailable with the default setting.

There is no available sources in the DAS Settings dialog box. Also there is very limited sources in Sequence Fetcher and Fetch DB reference. Java console shows information "WARN - GET request for “http://www.ebi.ac.uk/das-srv/registry/das//sources” resulted in 500 (Internal Server Error); invoking error handler”.

Anyone could tell me how to solve the problem or offer some information about alternative DAS server?
Thanks very much!

Best regards,
Chengji Piao

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096