need more space between right-justified names and the sequences

If I right-justify the sequence names, they are too close to the sequence. When I try to move the sequences to the right, the names move too.

If the sequence names are not right-justified, then I can move the sequences to the right to make more space between the name and the sequence.

Dave

···

--
David N. Garboczi, PhD
Phone: 301-496-4773
Investigator, Structural Biology Section (SBS)
Laboratory of Immunogenetics (LIG)
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Twinbrook 2/Room 110
12441 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, Maryland 20852-1742
Fax: 301-402-0284
Email: dgarboczi@niaid.nih.gov

The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is
confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be
used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have
received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it
from your mailbox or any other storage devices. The National Institute
of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) shall not accept liability
for any statement made that are the sender's own and not expressly made
on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.

Hi again, Dave.

David Garboczi wrote:

If I right-justify the sequence names, they are too close to the sequence. When I try to move the sequences to the right, the names move too.

If the sequence names are not right-justified, then I can move the sequences to the right to make more space between the name and the sequence.

The sequence label area width can be adjusted - and of course, when the sequences are right justified, they are placed relative to the right hand border of the label area, so increasing the width of the sequence label area moves the labels to the right. It sounds like you want to add a right-hand margin that can be adjusted independently of the width of the label area.

The quickest way to deal with this is to use illustrator (or something else!) to move the labels to the left.

We could add a label area margin into Jalview, but there are more pressing layout issues to be fixed first. The ones that come to mind are automatically adjusting the width of the label area, or allowing it to be scrolled to the left or right independently of the alignment.

thanks for posting these comments and feature requests..
Jim

···

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------
J. B. Procter (VAMSAS Project) Barton Bioinformatics Research Group
Phone/Fax:+44(0)1382 388734/345764 http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk