[JIRA] Updated: (JWS-48) ws-generate build fails on JAX-WS 2.2

Hi,

You only need to run build-server task, build client is not required as far as I remember. So you can just delete compbio.ws.client.stub. The default task for wsbuild ant script is build-server, and this is the only task that's required. Build-client is only useful for debugging. The documentation should be more explicit about this though.

Regards,
Peter

···

Sent: 03 August 2012 11:35
To: Peter Troshin
Subject: [JIRA] Updated: (JWS-48) ws-generate build fails on JAX-WS 2.2

[ http://issues.jalview.org/browse/JWS-48?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Jim Procter updated JWS-48:
---------------------------

Attachment: wsbuild.xml

Patched version of wsbuild.xml attached - will check in patch for next release.

ws-generate build fails on JAX-WS 2.2
--------------------------------------

Key: JWS-48
                URL: http://issues.jalview.org/browse/JWS-48
            Project: JABAWS
         Issue Type: Bug
   Affects Versions: 2.0
           Reporter: Jim Procter
           Assignee: Peter Troshin
            Fix For: 2.0.1

Attachments: wsbuild.xml

Instructions for adding new web services to JABAWS require that new WSDLs and service client stubs are generated using the wsbuild.xml Ant build file. If this is run, two problems are hit:
macbookpro-24614:jabaws jimp$ ant -f wsbuild.xml build-clients
Buildfile: /Users/jimp/git/jabaws/wsbuild.xml
build-clients:
BUILD FAILED
/Users/jimp/git/jabaws/wsbuild.xml:187: You are running on JDK6 which comes with JAX-WS 2.1 API, but this tool requires JAX-WS 2.2 API. Use the endorsed standards override mechanism (Endorsed Standards doc, v7), or set xendorsed="true" on <wsimport>.
Total time: 0 seconds
Workaround for first problem: Edit the wsbuild.xml file's build-client target so that xendorsed="true" is added to all wsimport tasks.
Second problem - noticed by Matthew Hindle after dealing with the above:
On 02/08/2012 23:14, Matthew Hindle wrote:
> I wanted to try adding a Gblocks web server to JABAWS and I have been following... "how_to_add_new_webservice.txt" I am on 13.
> So far my tests all pass perfectly and the wsdl generates correctly but the generated java files under compbio.ws.client.stub are "Generated source version: 2.2". This leads to a compile problem because they conflict with older version of javax.xml.ws.Services in rt.jar (Only *WS.java are affected). Is there an easy solution to this. My attempts at adding the "jaxb-api-2.2.jar" and "jaxws-api-2.2.jar" under the /lib/endorsed have not been successful.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: Jira | Issue & Project Tracking Software | Atlassian

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096