Jalview for Transcription Factor Binding Site Prediction Tool

Hi,

My name is Ray. I am working on a tool as stated above. We need a way of the user being able to create an image out of their results (html)(basically sequence is colored from start to stop prediction sites withing fasta sequences), an even edit them to their liking. Of course screenshots could be taken, however this is not ideal and not flexible. Could Jalview be stretched to do this. I have tried doing it with a sequence feature file, but to no avail. Can you offer any guidance ?

Warmest Regards,
Ray

Hi Ray.

We need a way of the user being able to create an image out of their results (html)(basically sequence is colored from start to stop prediction sites withing fasta sequences), an even edit them to their liking. Of course screenshots could be taken, however this is not ideal and not flexible. Could Jalview be stretched to do this. I have tried doing it with a sequence feature file, but to no avail. Can you offer any guidance ?

Could you let me know what your ideal situation is here ? In principle, sequence features are the way in which you would highlight TF-binding site regions predicted by your tool, and the desktop application would allow them to make figures easily. Perhaps you could send me a sample result set from your tool and let me know how you'd like your users to access the results (web or via the jalview desktop application, etc...).

Jim.

ยทยทยท

On 31/07/2012 10:25, Raymond Moran wrote: