JalView certificate

Hi Sebastien.

Thanks for letting me know.

Now that I actually have 1.7r51, I've been going through all the combinations to see what are the most useful jalviewApplet jars to provide, and I found that using <param permissions="sandbox"/> in the applet tag, and Permissions: sandbox in the manifest, whilst dropping any of the trusted library tags, yields the minimum number of warnings. Specifying sandbox is important for use of Jmol via Jalview.

Please try this version out at http://www.jalview.org/builds/release/examples/applets.html

The Manifest tags I used are:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.8.4
Application-Library-Allowable-Codebase: *
Application-Name: JalviewLite
Permissions: sandbox
Created-By: 1.7.0_09-b05 (Oracle Corporation)
Caller-Allowable-Codebase: *
Main-Class: jalview.bin.JalviewLite
Codebase: *

In principle, you should be able to reuse this jar directly on SIB, too - I'd appreciate it if you can give it a try. If it works OK for you then I'll push this as the default version available from www.jalview.org (formally, this will be release 2.8b1 - until we get 2.8.1 out the door in a few weeks).

Jim.

Sébastien Moretti wrote:

···

Hi Jim

just to let you know that I have temporarily signed the jalview applet we use in Selectome with the "SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics" certificate.
With java 1.7.0_51 the applet did not work anymore.

I also used this manifest attributes:

Application-Name: JalView
Permissions: all-permissions
Codebase: *.unil.ch
Caller-Allowable-Codebase: *.unil.ch
Trusted-Library: true
Trusted-Only: false
Main-Class: jalview.bin.JalviewLite

Best regards

Thanks for testing those, Sébastien - I've been going in ever decreasing circles trying to find the best combination !

Sébastien Moretti wrote:

it works for me with this version and these settings (only tested on Linux now).
Just the "View in Full Application" does not work because the jnlp is not signed the same way.

Yes - I'll fix that later today, I hope.

Jim.

I was sticking with the ones you suggested were right. Unfortunately, I didn't quite get to push the release... trying hard to get it out in the next few hours!

Jim.

···

On Mon Jan 27 10:19:02 2014, Sébastien MORETTI wrote:

did you find the right combination?