Help with Jalview

Hi there,

When I download Jalview and click to open it, it opens a screen with a loading bar, but it never loads. Not sure how to fix this. Thank you for the help.

Thanks,

Bridgette Bourgouin

[already answered off-list, here’s the reply]

Hi Bridgette,

I think you are trying to run Jalview from the open DMG “Jalview Installer” window, which unfortunately doesn’t work. If in the Jalview Installer window you drag the Jalview icon onto the blue folder with an “A” on it (which is the Applications folder), then it will copy Jalview into your own Applications folder.

Then when you go to the Applications folder in a Finder window, you should find Jalview and you should be able to launch it from there.

I think Jalview could put up a more useful error in this case, rather than just blanking out on the loader stage! I’ll create an issue to add this.

Best wishes,

Ben

···

From: jalview-discuss-bounces@jalview.org jalview-discuss-bounces@jalview.org on behalf of Bourgouin, Bridgette Bridgette.Bourgouin@stmartin.edu
Sent: 14 June 2021 18:03
To: jalview-discuss@jalview.org jalview-discuss@jalview.org
Subject: [Jalview-discuss] Help with Jalview

Hi there,

When I download Jalview and click to open it, it opens a screen with a loading bar, but it never loads. Not sure how to fix this. Thank you for the help.

Thanks,

Bridgette Bourgouin

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096

See https://issues.jalview.org/browse/JAL-3845