'2.10.3' now on develop

Branch features/JAL-2446NCList has now been merged to develop, to be the branch for 2.10.3.

Any priority fixes for 2.10.2 should be made on to branch releases/Release_2_10_2_Branch and merged from there to develop - correct me if I’m wrong Jim!

Any funnies, let me know!

Mungo

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096

···

Email signature

University of Dundee shield logo

Mungo Carstairs
Jalview Computational Scientist

The Barton Group
Division of Computational Biology

School of Life Sciences

University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK

www.jalview.org

www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk
g.m.carstairs@dundee.ac.uk

University of Dundee FacebookUniversity of Dundee TwitterUniversity of Dundee LinkedInUniversity of Dundee YouTubeUniversity of Dundee InstagramUniversity of Dundee Snapchat
We’re Scottish University of the Year again!
The Times / Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 and 2017

Thanks Mungo

Branch features/JAL-2446NCList has now been merged to develop, to be the branch for 2.10.3.

:slight_smile:

Any priority fixes for 2.10.2 should be made on to branch releases/Release_2_10_2_Branch and merged from there to develop - correct me if I’m wrong Jim!

There are a handful of issues that will go into a bug fix release: ‘2.10.2b1’. These will need to be merged onto and tested on both the branches/Release_2_10_2_Branch and develop. This means we need to be extra careful about developing on our own branches and stick closely to the ‘git flow’ model, where you merge from the topic onto the destination branch rather than first merge from destination to topic and then from topic back to destination.

If you do need to bring changes in from develop then make sure you have first merged onto branches/Release_2_10_2_Branch, since you won’t be able to do another merge onto that branch after merging from develop! If in doubt, create a new branch for dealing with merges from develop.

Jim

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096

···

On 21/08/2017 14:23, Mungo Carstairs (Staff) wrote:

Hi all.

I just cut a new branch for 2.10.2b1 : releases/Release_2_10_2b1_Branch

I have also reset releases/Release_2_10_2_Branch to the point just before I bumped the version number reported by the build. If you need to checkout or merge to this branch, please make sure you have first synced with the remote repository, e.g.:

cd to your jalview git working directory

git checkout releases/Release_2_10_2_Branch

git reset --hard origin/releases/Release_2_10_2_Branch

ciao

j.

···

On 21/08/2017 14:32, James Procter wrote:

On 21/08/2017 14:23, Mungo Carstairs (Staff) wrote:

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr JB Procter, Jalview Coordinator, The Barton Group
Division of Computational Biology, School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK.
+44 1382 388734 | [www.jalview.org](http://www.jalview.org) | [www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk](http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk)