jabaws server

Thanks for letting us know about this. There were a few problems with the filesystem that jabaws relies on in the last day and for some reason the monitoring system did not pick up that the jabaws server had broken.

It should be up and running again now.

You can now install your own local jabaws server if you wish. Please see the instructions on www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/jabaws.

All the best,

Geoff

···

On 15/09/2011 11:41, ehenriques@qui.uc.pt wrote:

Dear Sirs,

Would you be so kind as to inform me if the current state of the jabaws server
http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/jabaws

which is currently unavailable (I'm redirected to this page http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/Web_Servers/error_503.html)

is to be a permanent situation or will you made it available again in the near future?

I need it to rum Jalview, and the program simply freezes without that connection (is there a way around that you might share with me?)

Thank you for you attention.
Sincerely,

E.

--
Geoff Barton Professor of Bioinformatics College of Life Sciences
University of Dundee, Scotland, UK. g.j.barton@dundee.ac.uk
Tel:+44 1382 385860/381042 (Fax:385764) www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk

The University of Dundee is registered Scottish charity: No.SC015096

Hello There.

Just a brief followup comment on Geoff's reply:

I need it to rum Jalview, and the program simply freezes without that
connection (is there a way around that you might share with me?)

Jalview freezing is due to the program trying to contact the webserver, and eventually timing out. There are a couple of things you can do:

1. Edit the web services preferences to remove the JABAWS server's entry in the list (go to Tools->Preferences in the desktop window menubar and select the web services tab in the preferences dialog box). If you delete the default JABAWS service, you can always get it back using the 'reset services' button.

2. Wait for Jalview 2.7 to be released next week. The freezing issue has been fixed, and instead, you will get a warning dialog informing you about any JABAWS servers that Jalview couldn't contact.

Hope this helps!
Jim.

···

On 16/09/2011 11:02, Geoff Barton wrote:

On 15/09/2011 11:41, ehenriques@qui.uc.pt wrote: